Google Tag

Friday, November 20, 2015

Bucket Seat: BMW Compact Sedan Concept


Literally a few hours ago BMW has unveiled to the world their new Compact Sedan Concept, which is due to fall under the 1 Series range when launched as a production car. It's an interesting design and one which I quite like, and will be direct competition to the likes of Merc's CLA and Audi's A3 Sedan.


When we first saw pics of it on test, I wondered why the car would be badge as a 1 Series and not the 2 seeing that the coupe but perhaps BMW have a 2 Series Gran Coupe planned? Or maybe that's wishful thinking on my part. 


Being a concept, I'm not sure how much of the actual cars elements will be cut for production. I quite like the interior, lots of feature lighting in the cabin, highlighting the lines and flow of the dash, also it seems like a new configuration to the sunroof cluster above the head. 


Those seats are next level, we've seen it on many of the previous concepts but they never made production. Very futuristic and something I'd like to see in the future. 


Overall, this car has the potential to put a dent in sales to its competitors and I'll be keen to see what the engine line up offering will be on this as well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment