Google Tag

Friday, April 20, 2018

Bucket Babe: Emelia Vermeulen

First things first, this post may be because it's my birthday as a gift to you, the readers and no I did not wait for four months to post it and no the number of local born beauties didn't dry out like the water in the Western Cape, there are still plenty of those in our land and they all waiting to be featured. Today's featured model comes from the City of Roses, and she herself personifies the rose, in both beauty and appeal. She's been in the industry from a young age and has traveled far and wide but business is where her heart lies, for someone who doesn't classify herself as a petrol head, she sure does have great taste in cars. Her skills in the kitchen need to be admired as well, reading about that sandwich had me drooling on my keyboard, and don't judge her for her popcorn antics, as we all do it too. Anyway, that's enough from me, here is this months featured model...

Oh and, please vote for her in the World Swimsuit model search, link is below!

Emelia Vermeulen


BIO

Hi! I'm Emelia. I'm from a small town in the States...well, the Free State, called Bloemfontein. We've got a whole lot of students, farms and, of course - The Supreme Court of Appeal, BOOM!

However, being such a nomad I have pretty much lived all over the world. I'm totally a lone wolf, which affords me the luxury of travelling alone and making friends wherever I go. I have always been a curious individual and tend to get bored really quickly. I started modelling when I was 14, you could say I've been doing this for more than half my life. (Not giving my age away at all, or am I...)

Modelling has provided a fun way of earning money while I travel the world and meet interesting (and sometimes bizarre) people.  




My hobbies mainly focus around health and fitness; I enjoy running, horse riding, yoga and ballet. Oh, and recently I've made good friends with the Pole, totally for fitness reasons of course. I mean, who doesn't like a girl who can do the splits on a pole or an inverted helicopter. I just love pushing my own limits and mastering a new craft. 

When I have lot on my mind I like to take out a canvas and paint (with brushes, not my fingers). I find it helps me to release frustration. I am very much focused on my career, nothing comes close to the feeling of closing a deal, or two, or three - hey, I'm an overachiever. There is truly nothing more rewarding than being respected for your ability and knowledge in your field. I have  afew goals ahead of me, one will be the launch of a new company - however, sshhhh, its my little secret for now!

I've entered the World Swimsuit competition as it's always been a dream of mine to shoot for Sports Illustrated, I'm putting myself out there and going ALL IN!


LINKS

kerabooysen 

As Emelia stated, she is in the running for the World Swimsuit Model search, so help her out by casting some votes for her. : http://worldswimsuit.com/model-search/profile/emelia




Q&A

1. Hot girls and hot cars go hand in hand, what ride would you like to  see yourself in?
  • I'm not much of a petrol head but I drive like the devil so therefore the Mclaren 570S or the Jaguar F-Type would be my kind of ride. I would drive it like I stole it. Hello autobahn!
2. What sandwich are you most likely to make for me? and will it be toasted or plain?
  • It would be a toasted gourmet sandwich. Bacon, caramelised onions, brie, avocado and rocket. No one likes a basic B*tch or a basic sandwich. 
3. Everyone loves popcorn (well I think they do) what is your topping/ sprinkle of choice?
  • Salt and vinegar or sometimes I might lightly salt it and pour a box of Astros. Don't look at me with that judgmental tone of dace. Pfft!
4. Dream cover shoot?
  • GQ, I think that's pretty much every girl's dream, except in my dream I am sharing the cover with that hottie, Chris Hemsworth. 
5. If given a choice, full time model or full time executive, what would you choose?
  • I have done the full time modelling thing for many years and though it's great to travel and to experience the finer things in life, it's not something that can be sustained forever. I love the idea of having a career and being an independent and successful business woman. Being a powerful female in a man's world is much more rewarding than being a sex symbol who relies on their looks to get things done. I still love modelling and shoot when I can, I just think that woman should empower themselves with a career that taps into their gidts and purpose so that you don't need a man to provide for you. Independence is sexy.
6. Growing up you must have had someone you aspired to be, so who is your role model?
  • My role models changed a lot throughout the years. When I was a teenager I would aspire to be like people who I regarded as attractive, however, I soon learned that the real heroes were not those who were beautiful and famous, it was actually those who had made something of themselves against all odds. I love people like JK Rowling who wouldn't allow rejection to define her, who persisted and made their dreams a reality in spire of everything they had against them. I admire people that can turn their lives around after battling through addiction and eating disorders. People like that are admirable, definitely not those Kardashians.
7. Anyone holding that hand yet? or is it available?
  • There's no ring on my finer if that's what you want to know? Come on guys, you need to up your game ;).
8. Obviously being a female you would love fashion. Favourite label/ designer?
  • Okay so I am a shoes and lingerie kind of girl so I would prefer a pair of Jimmy Choo's, Christian Louboutins and Victoria Secret over a dress any day.
9. What type of music gets your booty shaking?
  • My taste in music is very diverse but if I wanted to dance it would probably be to some sexy hip hop beat. At the moment I've got "Lemon" by N.E.R.D and Rihanna playing in my car. Apparently I'm very entertaining to my neighbors in traffic. The 50 Shades Soundtrack is also quite hot.
10. Which city is your dream party destination?
  • I love the exotic so it would probably be on some island like Kuta Beach in Bali or San Juan del Sur - Nicaragua. I wouldn't mind trying Rio out either.




















No comments:

Post a Comment