Google Tag

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Bucket Babe: Reeva Steenkamp

Greetings esteemed readers of the Bucket, welcome to another instalment of the ever popular Bucket Babe. As you know with most of our models featured, they're aren't just pretty faces but either highly qualified, well experienced and blessed with other talents. Its these fine qualities that make them extra special and indeed an honor for us to feature them on the blog. Today's model is an inspiration to us all, not only is she stunning in beauty, graced this years FHM calender and pursuing a career in law but as she'll tell you in her bio, to never give up on your dreams no matter what obstacles life throws at you. We can only wish Reeva all the best in her future as a lawyer and model. "Yo go girl" ...yes I just said that.

You can catch Reeva on twitter or check out her official Ice Model page



Reeva Rebecca Steenkamp

28yrs old. Leo.

Born in Cape Town, lived in Port Elizabeth. Now in Jozi.
Attended a convent for both primary and high school. Studied Law at NMMU and graduated in 2006.
I landed a contract as the Face of Avon cosmetics and was flying to and from PE every other week, sometimes on 6 flights a day, and decided I needed to be based in a more metropolitan city with more contact in the industry. I made appointments with several agencies but Jayn from Ice called me up one day (I was having lunch at Moyo off Jan Smuts) and she refused to put the phone down until I walked into her Rosebank offices. So I paid the bill and stayed in the line with her until I literally walked into Ice Models. The deal was sealed instantly and I made arrangements to move to Jhb.

During my final year of Law, I had a horse riding accident and broke my back. After some time in hospital and with some rehabilitation, I returned to classes and made the decision to never let go of my dreams and aspirations. With this in mind, I attained my degree instead of taking a year off for rest and pursued my dreams of becoming a model in the big city. I could’ve been in a wheelchair but I was blessed to recover fully from the tragic experience. 

I intend writing my bar exams next year whilst getting away once or twice a month to shoot local/international work. I want to be a qualified advocate before I’m 30 so it’s important that I stay focused and academically diligent over the next year without a hectic modeling schedule.

I love animals, cats and horses are my favourite. I can no longer ride/compete due to the fact that I am at a higher risk of paralysis should I fall again. My first show was a lead rein gymkhana at the age of 2 so horse riding is in my blood. My parents are both horsey people too – my mom used to be an A Grade show jumper and my dad is a race horse trainer.

I am a home body and prefer to stay indoors and entertain friends or read a book or paint. I’ve done my partying (perhaps overdid it) and I appreciate alone time with special people and friends. An event here and there is fun and I love socializing too, especially if it’s to create awareness for a worthy cause.

I am currently working on a business project that’s close to me heart – my passion for food. I can’t say much about it yet, but I am very excited to get it up and running! Watch this space!














13 comments:

  1. you should have been with me baby insted of that freak show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reeva, where are you now, I hope you can have that peace of mind, that in this life you did not have! May God take care of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. probably burning in hell for showing off her body all the time. piece a shit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The way you express yourself, it is clear that you really are a complete idiot!

      Delete
    2. U are a piss of shit pple like u should be locked away in jail and left to suffer like the way she did.Rest in Peace angel,oscar is paying already for what he has done, he might not go to jail but he wont find peace ever in his sad life....

      Delete
    3. Yeah, right. Don't act like you wouldn't show off too, if you looked like her.

      Delete
  4. Rest in Peace, Gorgeous Reeva...

    ReplyDelete
  5. rest in peace forever sweet baby gal!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Very Horror Killing from this Murder!!!She would call the Police!!!And he ahs Killing her!!
    he did it threatens want to come out!! From the bathroom! Who has already determined some women KILLED this ugly murderer!!CRIPPLE the shit!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it would probably be easier to get your point across if you just drew a picture...

      Delete
  7. If only u had never met him... U would still be here today....

    ReplyDelete