As most of you may know by now, today I'm driving around town in the all new snazzy VW Up! The latest addition in the VW line up slots in just below their best selling model the Polo Vivo, although very small, the car is damn spacious and extremely fun to drive with the 55kW, 1 litre engine proving to be quite nippy. To celebrate the launch of this trendy new comer, VW SA and Uber South Africa are teaming up to bring you an awesome opportunity. From the 2nd till the 8th of March, Uber SA is offering South Africans in the major cities (Joburg, Pretoria, Cape Town, Durban) a chance at getting free rides in the all new VW Up! Also, if you're lucky enough, you could be chauffeured around in style by local celebrities from the likes of Sureshnie Rider and Jonathon Boyton-Lee! The car can accommodate 3 passengers with the driver, so be sure to not have more than that many people if wanted to request a ride in this awesome little car.
How it works?
- Sign up for Uber by downloading the free application here
- Enter the promo code: UBERUP to unlock the unique UberUp view.
- Toggle over the VW icon, and request a ride as per normal.
- A VW Up! will arrive at the user's destination within minutes.
Terms and Conditions:
- Available only in Johannesburg, Pretoria, Cape Town and Durban.
- The service is available for request between 13h00-21h00 on weekdays and from 15h00-23h00 on weekends from Monday 2- Sunday 8 March.
- Trips can be maximum of 20 minutes in duration or 20km in distance.
- Users will be limited to two free Uber trips in the Volkswagen Up! during the campaign period.
- Maximum three passengers in one vehicle.
For clues on which celebrity will be making a surprise appearance in which city driving the #UberUp, be sure to follow @VolkswagenSA and the respective Uber city handle for clues.
For more information, be sure to see the various social media streams.