It's the last day of August so why not end it off with a bang? That's our philosophy and hence we bring you the Bucket Babe today. Our featured model for the month of August is quite a mover and shaker in Durban's social scene. Apart from being an influential personality, she also has her own radio show, dabbles in modeling and writes for our good friends at SA Bloggers.
Dzifa Azumah also known as Jeef Keef is an outgoing, energetic and vibrant soul with a keen eye of what is relevant from music to Fashion. Considering herself as a Maven in the making, Dzifa believes through hard-work, determination but most importantly perseverance that she will be a force to be reckoned with in the entertainment industry. Known within Durban's "Cool Kids" social scenery, 'The Coolest Keef in the City' has lived up to the name and has surely mingled with influential people within our generation and continues to live up to that.
With the various jobs Dzifa has done from backup dancing for: 'Thina Sobabile' singer Thabisile and daughter of the late Lucky Dube, songstress Bongi Dube back in her youthful years. This was the beginning of Jeef Keef showcasing her various talents as she dabbled into the dance world and even began her own dance crew called Hot-Steppers. With a deep flare under her skin, her group entered dance competitions such as Step up or Step out and even went as far as knock out rounds.
But her love for being in front of the camera also played a vital role within her career making decisions. She had the amazing opportunity of making the cover of an online magazine called Ziyaw'eDurban online entertainment magazine's 3rd issue which led to aspiring modeling gigs.
Moving on to the other pastures, Jeef Keef later realised her true passion was being behind the mic and event-coordination. She started and hosting her own event called Xbox and Beerpong with Cultured Chaos and quickly ventured into the Hosting/MC scenery which enabled her to MC various gigs such as the: Nihamba Nibamba Tour, Skeem Sami Tour, Sisters with Soul alongside Nicole Nyaba and Mandy Junior, The Secret Circle, Rundbn A team launch at 47th Avenue Phantom Friday's, Trap Out Thursday (TOT) and the latest being Durban Legend - DJ Dust's Birthday Party at Unique Lifestyle.
A true jack of all trades, Jeef Keef also works for one of the coolest stations in Durban called Durban Youth Radio (DYR) and hosts her own show called Another Level but not only that, Jeef Keef does musical features for SA Bloggers which are in partnership with Universal Music. The list is endless when it come to this witty female as we can expect a lot from her in 2018. So watch this space!
1. Hot girls and hot cars go hand in hand, what ride would you like to see yourself in?
- Ultimately any girl would want a fast car right?! But put me in a Ford Ranger...all black and then we talking!
2. What sandwich are you most likely to make for me? and will it be toasted or plain?
- What is a sandwich is it ain't crisp?! Definitely one of my special toasted chicken with bacon, cheese, a dab of chili, mayo and lettuce...kill a beast sandwich.
3. Everyone loves popcorn (well I think they do) what is your topping/ sprinkle of choice?
- I'm not really a popcorn fan but if there's butter in there some aromat and any spice really we are good to go!
4. Dream cover shoot?
- Vogue!Yes, we don't have that in SA but hey, sky is the limit. Go big or go home, that's what my mom always says.
5. If given a choice, full time model or full time executive, what would you choose?
- Executive...I'm a boss bitch. I will model and execute at the same damn time.
6. Growing up you must have had someone you aspired to be, so who is your role model?
- Growing up I was one of the best athletes in my school, I've always loved athletics so with that being said I looked up to Marion Jones. I still do, reason being she made a mistake and eventually admitted to it and had everything taken from her but that didn't make her any less great in my eyes. We are human and once we are able to take responsibility and admit our flaws, we are truly greater than we fathom.
7. Anyone holding that hand yet? or is it available?
- All I can say is, "if you liked it then you should have put a ring on it" lol I'm all the way avail...
8. Obviously being a female you would love fashion. Favourite label/ designer?
- I'm fashion forward but for me it really depends on how you put thing together. Style is not based on labels. If you can dress, you can dress and if you can't, even your 20K outfit will still look wack! Stay in your financial lane...Boom!!!
9. What type of music gets your booty shaking?
- If you want to see my booty shake....I'm such a Hip Hop and RnB head, that's my remedy a little bit of dancehall and drop of Gqom then its murder on the dance floor.