Google Tag

Friday, March 11, 2022

Bucket Babe: Tara Martin

Greetings and welcome to another long awaited instalment of one of the most loved features on this blog, the Bucket Babe! Due to the busy schedule of new car launches and test drives, not to mention all that is going on in the tech space, this segment sort of took a back seat on the blog but we will try to bring you every now and then the best of what South Africa has to offer in terms of beauty. Today's featured model has a passion for film and with that has her honors in film studies, with this she has written two movies and a television series. She has other passions as well which she will enlighten you on in the interview, and you will see she has quite the charm in her answers in our Q&A with her. We wish her all the best in her career and hope to see her name more often on the silver screen and her face on many campaigns. 

Tara Martin



BIO

Hi! My name is Tarz - I am really bad at talking about myself but here’s an attempt! 

So I am 23 years old, and am really proud of myself for having graduated my honours year with distinction in 2020 despite all that was going on. I did my honours in film studies with a focus on scriptwriting and filmic editing – having written two movies, a television series and a short film; as well as produced two short films which you can watch on my Instagram page! (@Tarzmartin) My real passion lies in psychology, however, which is why a majority of my honours projects surrounded a host of misunderstood mental illnesses. I plan to return to university to pursue psychology after a few more years of working and gathering experience.  

My hobbies include modelling (most obviously), cosplay, playing video games, spending time in the gym, watching horror movies and taking my dog to cool new places to see how he will react – the best one so far was seeing him chase around naked people on Sandy bay, the nudist beach. Very very funny (He is a Great Dane for reference).

If I could offer advice to the reader of this article it would be Wabi-wabi – The Japanese philosophy of beauty being found in imperfection. The biggest thing modelling has taught me is to embrace the things that I see as flaws, as they are what make me stand out: a broken vase fixed with gold resin is much more interesting than a glass that never broke at all!



LINKS



Q&A

1. Hot girls and hot cars go hand in hand, what ride would you like to  see yourself in?
  • Ever since I watched Supernatural for the first time in Highschool I have always dreamt of driving a 1967n Chevvy Impala! To make it more “me” though, ideally it would be black with a ruby red interior!  
2. What sandwich are you most likely to make for me? and will it be toasted or plain?
  • I pride myself in my grilled cheese sandwich, so I’d have go with that! It’s no ordinary grilled cheese, however. Three different cheeses in between two thick slices of ciabatta bread, topped with a medley of fragrant dried herbs and fried on a pan with hot butter. Ideally, this would be paired with a big bowl of hearty home-made tomato soup!
3. Everyone loves popcorn (well I think they do) what is your topping/ sprinkle of choice?
  •  I love popcorn! Many late nights have been spent munching on a bag of popcorn. If we are talking spices alone, I love traditional butter flavoured popcorn. If we are going to be a bit crazy, I sometimes like to add a drizzle of honey to my butter popcorn. It may sound strange but trust me, it is amazing!
4. Dream cover shoot?
  • Definitely Vogue. I love their high-fashion, quirky and fun themed covers. My favourite kind of shoot is an artistic one, so it would be right up my alley.
5. If given a choice, full time model or full time executive, what would you choose?
  • I would have to say corporate. I think it would be an awesome challenge to head a project or product that I could be excited about! I also like to keep my modelling as a hobby – I fear losing my love for it if it became my full-time career.
6. Growing up you must have had someone you aspired to be, so who is your role model?
  • When I was very very little my role model was Courage the Cowardly dog. As silly as it is, Courage inspired me to face a lot of my fears – that is what the tattoo on my back represents; the shadow monster from Courage the Cowardly Dog. My mom is also a big inspiration. She always taught me that independence is everything for a woman.
7. Anyone holding that hand yet? or is it available?
  • I do have a boyfriend whom I have actually been with for about 5 years now! I am a very lucky lady to have him.
8. Obviously being a female, fashion would be a big interest to you, do you have a favourite label/ designer?
  •  I actually don’t have a favourite fashion label or designer. If I had to choose though – I love a Steve Madden shoe!
9. What type of music gets your booty shaking?
  • I love all genres of music (yes, even country). There are songs in all genres that I jam to on the regular. Two classics that always get me dancing though are: “The next episode – Snoop Dogg” and “Downtown – Macklemore ft Eric Nally”.
10. Which city is your dream party destination?
  • Definitely Tokyo-Japan. Everything from the history to the food to the architecture in Japan just enthralls me. I would move tomorrow if I could!

















No comments:

Post a Comment