Google Tag

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Bucket Babe: Kayla Pretorius

As we enter the final few weeks of 2016, many will reflect back on what a crappy year it's been. From falling economies, corrupt presidents, plane crashes and so forth, the human race needs some cheering up and what better way to do so that with the final instalment of the Bucket Babe for 2016! Today's featured model is a woman of many talents, she's travelled and studied abroad, but returned to the country to complete her studies and pursue her passion. She's a car enthusiast and outdoors person but also doesn't mind some online gaming sessions. Anyway, enough from me, lets hear from her!

Kayla Pretorius

Bio

So about myself, where do I begin? I matriculated in 2012 where I then moved to Milano, Italy (at the age of 18) in 2013 to study Fashion Styling and Photography. My love for fashion broadened and I was desperate to learn more about the industry. I missed beautiful, sunny SA and moved to Cape Town to further my studies in Fashion Design at FEDISA, Cape Town. I completed my degree this year, at the age of 22, and plan on working and travelling the world while gaining experience in my career field. The first stop is Bali, Indonesia!

My dreams and aspirations are anything but small - I have achieved many of my set goals but still have a long way to go and I am so excited for the journey ahead. I don't want to disclose much but big things are coming, so watch this space!



I am a complete Gemini - I have a super girly side that adores fashion, makeup, heels and shopping, in comparison to my super tomboy side that loves anything and everything to do with motorbikes, cars and speed. I love a little fun at the shooting range (I secretly wish I was an international super spy) as well as indulging in my guilty pleasure - GTA V Online.

I absolutely love the outdoors, especially being on the beach or in the ocean ( I was a mermaid in my past life). Dogs are most definitely my kryptonite and find their way to my heart. I LOVE cooking for friends and family! I LOVE food - Any IYO burger and cold Freshly brewed beer are my faaaaav! I have  a big heart and am extremely loyal to those I care about - I will move mountains for them! Socializing and meeting new people are one of my favourite pass times - some of my favourite hangouts are outdoor festivals, Yours Truly, IYO, Caprice, HQ, The Grand, Aces 'n Spades, Arcade - anywhere with a good vibe and good music really!




Links

kayla_christalKayla Pretorius @Kay_Pretorius kayla

Q&A


1. Hot girls and hot cars go hand in hand, what ride would you like to  see yourself in?
  • I am a die-hard muscle car lover- definitely a coin flip between a '69 Ford Mustang and a 1970 Dodge Challenger.
2. What sandwich are you most likely to make for me? and will it be toasted or plain?
  • I LOVE making food so it all depends on my mood but the go-to is definitely a toastie with avo, chicken, pepper dews, cheese, feta and Italian herbs!
3. Everyone loves popcorn (well I think they do) what is your topping/ sprinkle of choice?
  • Cheese n chives with a box of smarties.
4. Dream cover shoot?
  • World Swimsuit/ Sports Illustrated
5. If given a choice, full time model or full time executive, what would you choose?
  • Full time executive - I am quite career driven and love challenging myself as well as keeping busy.
6. Growing up you must have had someone you aspired to be, so who is your role model?
  • Angelina Jolie and Lady Gaga - Both these woman care for matters further than themselves which I find truly inspiring, especially in the industry they're in. They are the epitome of beauty, brains and compassion.
7. Anyone holding that hand yet? or is it available?
  • Definitely maybe
8. Obviously being a female you would love fashion. Favourite label/ designer?
  • Alexander McQueeen
9. What type of music gets your booty shaking?
  • My taste in music varies from old school rap to indie to techno and deep house. 
10. Which city is your dream party destination?
  • Mykonos!
















Photography credit: Dayne Malan, Jayden Moosa

No comments:

Post a Comment