Wine lovers rejoice! As the most anticipated Wine event on the calendar is just a few weeks away. Yes, the Tops at Spar Wine Show returns to Durban's famed Golden mile from the 9 to 11 May, bringing a thirst-quenching three day ensemble of wine-created activities to an all new venue, The Globe at Suncoast. This massive, experiential venue arrived at the Tsogo Sun property near the end of last year, offering a dynamic indoor space, ideally suited to the size and scale of the wine extravaganza.
This years show is built around a fresh and flirty burlesque theme, with the show comprising a tannic troupe of full-bodied features with earthy undertones of fun. It will showcase a perfectly paired menu of attractions and exhibitors with something to whet the appetite of every level of wine fan. For those with a well trained nose and palette for wine, there are wine theaters offering interactive presentations on wine in all its glory as well the ever exciting South African Wine Tasting Championships where the 'Search for a Superstar' will be taking place where anyone can contend. Also at the show, is the esteemed Wine Label Design Awards which is presented by Rotobel. The show will give wine enthusiasts time to mingle with other wine fudi's who will share some of their valuable oenphile-knowledge about what makes a wine great.
For those that aren't seasoned veterans on the subject, not to worry because the show also has something for you! A highlight is the show will be the #SAWineShowcase theatre experience which will feature entertaining and informative sessions by the one and only Jon Meinking, brining you up to speed on the "(A)roma, (B)rut and (C)haptalizations" of the wine world. Learning how to make educated wine decisions, and the importance of the wine glass to drinking experience, are just some of the potential takeaways from this refined educational experience.
Another great addition to the show is the "Sip & Ship" service that allows visitors to immediately purchase wine they've tasted, at cellar prices, with free and reliable delivery straight to your door.
Durban Show Information:
- Thursday, 9th May: 17:00-21:00
- Friday, 10th May: 17:00-21:00
- Saturday. 11th May: 15:00-21:00
Venue: The Globe, at Suncoast
- General Access: R185 per person (includes a tasting glass, show guide, access to wine theatres and unlimited tastings)
- Couples Combo: R385 per couple (includes two GA tickets, two tasting glasses, a show guide, access to the wine theatres, unlimited tastings and a six pack of Libbey wine glasses)
- VIP Lounge: R495 per person (includes a glass of premium MCC and amuse bouche on arrival, four elegant wine and food pairings, limited bar, including boutique wine selection, a glass of Noble Late Harvest dessert wine and dessert pairing, a corporate gift and a complimentary Platters Guide, plus all GA tickets benefits)
Tickets are available now, from the website: www.wineshow.co.za