Hard to believe we're in the second month of the new year already and with that we bring to you our first featured model of the year. Today's beauty hails from the fairest Cape and while she considers modeling a side hobby, her main passion is DJing. This young vivacious lass has many achievements to her name already and has set her sights on achieving more throughout her life. Apart from the catchy grooves she spins, she loves spending time in front of the camera, collaborating with local photographers and brands. Anyway, enough from us, here meet...
My name is Mia, I'm a 20 year old female DJ and music producer living in Cape Town, South Africa. I have traveled to various locations in SA to perform and I'm known as the youngest female tech house producer in South Africa after producing my first song 'Energies' - which is available on all major platforms. My dream is to become a full time DJ and music producer and travel the world. In 2010 I became the youngest girl to successfully climb Mount Kilimanjaro, I was 9 at the time and spent my 10th birthday on the mountain which is another major achievement within my lifetime. I am a full time business student, currently in my final year as well as a part time model who loved to collaborate with local photographers and brands. I have a passion for helping others and I use that when helping out at a NPO called 'Reach for a Dream' in which hope is given to children with life threatening illnesses through fulfilling their dreams. Though my lifestyle is pretty busy, I use my free time to spend time with my friends and family as well as hitting the gym.
- My absolute dream car would be any unique colour Lamborghini Aventador!
- Most probably a club sandwich toastie with sweet potato bread (because I'm gluten intolerant - but to be honest I prefer that over regular bread).
- I'm not fussy when it comes to popcorn flavours but when I'm at the cinema I mix all the flavours together and if I'm in the mood for something sweet I would mix in something like Astros into plain popcorn.
- Definitely DJing ,modeling is just a side hobby which I do when I have time or if brands or photographers want to collaborate. My dream job would be a profession DJ who travels the world.
- I would love to play at as many major festivals as possible but my dream would be to play at Tomorrowland.
- I used to love commercial house music but as I started listening to more music during my years of DJing my taste in music developed into the tech house genre, I had friends who played that type of music around me and I really took a liking to it. Being the first youngest female in SA to produce this genre came from the fact that I generally just enjoy that style music and I really wanted to be able to to play my own music when I DJ, as well as the fact that I wanted to do something different to what everyone else does. I love standing out and participating in things that others wouldn't generally do and I definitely aspire to inspire females of all ages - this also led to me being the youngest girl to climb Mount Kilimanjaro..
- Very much available haha ;) I do however ,have a super busy lifestyle so finding a relationship isn't a priority to me right now.
- Not really, I generally get most of my clothes from Factorie and Cotton On. I also love supporting small local designers.