Google Tag

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Queen's arrival


Being in the engineering environment its almost second nature that big things fascinate me... that sounded wrong, what I actually mean is big equipment.... I’m not helping myself here aren’t I. Let me get straight to the point then. Machines, Buildings, Stadiums, Cars, Ships, Planes, that sort of "big things". Cunard as some of you know are a world renowned cruise liner company that has massive ships in their fleet. The Queen Elizabeth the 2nd being one of their most famous trans Atlantic liner's for many years but then it came time to pension the old lady off as she was becoming troublesome and high maintenance as most woman do as they grow older. So they set venture to a new cruise liner, the Queen Mary 2. This was to be the biggest, fastest and most eco friendly Trans Atlantic liner of the world. I didn’t follow the construction of but Discovery did have a rather interesting documentary on the building of the ship. So far in the past 3 years it has docked as many times in Durban Harbour, each of which I was fortunate to go down there to see her in all her glory. Here are some of the pics I took of the Queen. Enjoy.














No comments:

Post a Comment