Google Tag

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Bucket Babe: Gabrielle Pollock

South Africa as a country is truly beautiful and we're lucky to have this land blessed with beautiful home grown girls as well. Take today's featured model for example, she's only 21 but already she's taken the world by storm, born in the Eastern Cape, this gorgeous young lass took a chance with a competition and from that it just sky rocketed her into the industry, she soon will be jetting off to the USA to strut her stuff there for work. She's set herself high goals but she has the right attitude to achieve them, age is on her side and we wish her all the best. She may look familiar to you as she was featured in our top 20 for the Swimsuit SA competition, voting is still open so keep on voting!

Gabrielle Pollock


Bio

My modelling career all started when I left East London to do the Elle Fresh Face finals in Cape Town. Not only was I lucky enough to get the April cover of Elle 2011, but I signed a contract with Boss Models whom I have been working with ever since. I love living in Cape Town, and as I am an active trail runner it really is the perfect environment for me. However, modelling has given me the opportunity to travel to places such as Hong Kong, Milan and New York, and I absolutely love the adventure behind exploring a new city! I have just been placed with Wilhelmina in LA and am making the move there in May, which I am so excited for! In my spare time I like to read, box, play music and am currently studying part-time through UNISA. My ultimate dream is to be a Victoria Secret Angel and see my star in Hollywood one day. I have long way to go, but I'm always ready for a challenge. ;)

Links


Twitter: @gabspollock
Instagram: gabriellepollock


Q&A

1. Hot girls and hot cars go hand in hand, what ride would you like to see yourself in?
  • 458 hands down! I test drove it early this year and it was sensational!
2. What sandwich are you most likely to make for me? and will it be toasted or plain?
  • toasted bacon, avo, pesto, rocket and roasted pine-nuts.
3. What type of music gets your booty shaking?
  • Golden oldies are always a winner.
4. Dream cover shoot?
  • Vogue.
5. If given a choice, full time model or full time executive, what would you choose?
  • Full time model - I've done it for two years and it's what I love - I have enjoyed every second of it!
6. Everyone loves popcorn (well I think they do) what is your topping/ sprinkle of choice?
  • Sour cream and chives occasionally but you can never go wrong with plain salt..
7. Growing up you must have had someone you aspired to be, so who is your role model?
  • I had the pleasure of meeting Nelson Mandela when I was in primary school, and he will always be an inspiration to me.
8. Obviously being a female you would love fashion, favourite label/ designer?
  • I am obsessed with fashion. The first thing you would see upon entering my apartment is probably my big pile of Vogues, Elles, Cosmos and Glamours spilling over my coffee table!
9. Anyone holding that hand yet? or is it available?
  • I'm currently seeing someone.
10. Which city is your dream party destination?
  • New York. The energy and drive there is infectious I love how you can live the city lifestyle, but get the break you need in Central Park or an hour away in Long Island or the country.














No comments:

Post a Comment