Google Tag

Friday, January 15, 2016

Bucket Babe: Candice Boucher

Greetings, and welcome to the first edition of the Bucket Babe for 2016! Now for us living in South Africa, 2016 hasn't been the greatest so far with the on going racial debacles plaguing the country, the ever weakening Rand and the political shambles we find our Parliament in. Fortunately we do have a lot of positives as well, our country is one of the most scenic in the world with breathtaking landscapes and it's home to some of the most beautiful woman in the world, like our featured model today. She's no stranger to magazine covers and has made a name for herself on the global stage, like many of South Africa's fine wines, she just gets better with age and it is an honor and a privilege to feature her today.


Candice Boucher

Born and raised in Durban, Candice shot to fame in local magazines such as SA Sports Illustrated and FHM. She was quite a regular in the swimsuit edition as well as making an annual appearance in the FHM Top 100 sexiest woman list with good reasoning too. She was a firm favourite in the swimsuit edition of Sports Illustrated and I for one always used to look out for her in the TV segments on Supersport. 


 Her beauty holds no bounds, whether she's shooting lingerie, swimsuits, fashion or nothing at all. She still remains one of SA's sort out model and was also featured as a Guess model in many of their campaigns and one her biggest achievements has been being featured in Playboy Magazine, in a shoot done in Kenya along side animals in the wild.


Her talents don't lie only in her beauty as she also pursued roles in motion pictures, as she stared as the female lead in the Bollywood movie Azaan as well as featured in Bollywood superstar singer, Himesh Rashammiya's music video to Aap Kaa Surroor. She has a busy schedule, travelling the world and we wish her all the best and hope to see her featured more in the printed as well as on screen

  
Links

Twitter: @candyboucher
Instagram: candiceboucher



Q&A


1. We know you used to own  a GTI, so we know you like fast cars (Durban influence showing) but if you could chose to have any car, what would it be?
  • I still have my GTI, living on a smallholding makes it a little tricky though. I used to own an old 3 door Rav 4, I loved her, if I could have her back with a brand new engine I would be happy.
2. What sandwich are you most likely to make for me? and will it be toasted or plain?
  • Aahh I used to make amazing sandwiches... it would be toasted with bacon, Camembert cheese, a little cranberry sauce and rocket. Toast that and then add some avo!
3. Everyone loves popcorn (well I think they do) what is your topping/ sprinkle of choice?
  • Popcorn favourite...salt & vinegar
4. Being a Durban girk, what do you miss the most about your home town?
  • I do miss the warm ocean and the incredible sunrises over the ocean.
5. You've graced the covers of many magazines, which one was the highlight for you?
  • South African Sports Illustrated
6. Being an international model, you've shot in various scenic locations, which is your favourite?
  • Kenya was my favourite! I had so many magical moments there.
7. One of your most popular features was with Playboy Magazine, what was it like shooting with Lions, baring in mind you were wearing little to nothing at all?
  • That shoot contributed to my love of Kenya. There were wild lions, buffalo, giraffe, rhinos, elephants to name a few. At times I would be on the ground with just a car between myself and a lion (car pulled back for the shot) running up to a wild heard of buffalo. It was liberating and humbling to be amongst those incredible animals in the birthday suit. I had a wonderful team with me and amazing guide (John) who knew the animals very well. So I always felt safe. It was definitely the most insane, adrenaline fueled adventure of my life thus far.
8. Growing up, did you always dream of becoming a model or was it something that just happened?
  • I didn't even know what modelling was growing up. It kind of happened by accident, I always wanted to work with animals or young kids... I have been fortunate enough thought to have worked with some amazing animals...thought not in the way I initially intended.
9. Anyone holding that hand yet? Or is it available?
  • Nosy!! There is someone holding my heart...
10. What type of music gets your booty shaking?
  • I am an 80's child s there is nothing that gets me in a good and festive mood quite like the oldies.. (I have to add that I am not really a refined booty shaker.. I have 2 left feet to say the least) Roxette, Talking Heads, White Snake, Dave Matthews Band, Alanis Morisette, Bruce Springsteen and good ol Bob Marley are some of my good time favourites.
11. Which city is your dream party destination?
  • New York is quite a party city, but I have found that it doesn't really matter where you party, it's the people that are with you that make a party unforgettable or not. I have a small close group of friends and wherever we are or whatever we do, we have the best time together.








No comments:

Post a Comment