Google Tag

Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Riaad Moosa, Life Begins Tour



If you missed it the first time round, don't stress because the funny Doctor Riaad Moosa is back by popular demand with his hit show "Life Begins"! Performing to sellout shows around the country, some might not have gotten the opportunity to witness this sidesplitting take on Riaad's journey into the 40's, as such there as been an uproar from many who called for bring the show back to Durban. Riaad and the organisers have heeded your call and have scheduled dates for the 12th and 13th of October at the Sibaya Casnio. .

The show is a snapshot into his life after turning 50 and how he has to juggle being a father of four children, a husband, a comedian and an actor, all while taking in the current cultural and political climates around us.


"Even though I am now 40, in many ways, I feel like I'm still crawling and I'm looking back at my journey from being an aspirational doctor, coming from a relatively conservative Muslim background, where both my parents were doctors, and how I actually journeyed to becoming a stand-up comedian" says Riaad.

As an award-winning comedian, actor, write and presenter, Riaad Moosa is one of South Africa's most popular and acclaimed funny men and he happens to be a qualified medical doctor too! Although he never ended up practicing medicine, Riaad is still fondly known as the "Comedy Doctor" and he certainly seems to have the remedy for the nation's ills - a healthy dose of laughter, straight up - and hold the asprin!

"The show is very philosophical and existential. It involves the normal issues of getting older while at the same time experiencing, at a maturity where I'm supposed to be wise, a world that is completely turned on its head. And it's about how I negotiate all these things happening around me while trying to maintain a positive attitude. Through my comedic lens, I hope to put a different spin on that and hopefully my next 40 years will be lived with renewed vigour and excitement",  Moosa adds.

The show is rated PG for language and starts at 20h00. Tickets from R160 and are available through Computicket. 


No comments:

Post a Comment