Google Tag

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 as it was


It's the last day of 2014, feels like it was just the other day I was typing out my 2013 post. The year has really flown by, even though it was a pretty eventful one. We've had everything this year, from planes disappearing, murderers walking free, our parliament falling into chaos and not forgetting our Presidents retirement house. Some how each of these events affected us in some way but like I always do in this post, I look at the positives and try to take that into the new year hoping for the same or better.


For me, the year has been a mixed one. While I got to do awesome things, attended brilliant events and parties, drive some damn fine cars and seen parts of the country no one has seen before, I lost my gran at the age of 93. At the time everyone kept saying she had a good innings. Be that as it may, she was always a part of my life from the time I was born so there will be a massive void there now.  But she was a great woman who taught us a lot and it's that memories I will cherish.


The year kicked off with one of the biggest EDM events SA has ever seen, Ultra SA was a resounding success with capacity crowds at both venues. Local and international DJ's wowed the revellers with the best in EDM and Dance music, with some of the biggest names in the industry present.  With the positive feedback, Ultra announced that it will be back in SA in 2015 with another two shows for Cape Town and Joburg, early bird tickets being sold out already. Keep an eye out for the next phase of ticket sales.


As I said earlier, this year I got the chance to drive some damn fine cars. As always a big thanks to BMW South Africa for the test fleet, allowing me to give you guys first hand experiences behind the wheel of their latest cars. My favourite car from all I've driven this year from BMW is a tough one as they all were pretty great but if I were forced to choos e, it would have to be the X5 5.0 M Sport. It's size, power and handling were something to behold. I also got to attend my first proper car launch this year with Toyota SA at the Etios Cross launch and Mini SA with the 5 Door Mini hatch launch. Both were great fun but also tiring with the one day fly in and outs. And to add a cherry to the top, I got to ride in a Lamborghini Huracan in my recent visit to Cape Town!


Recently I also decided to bite the bullet and start a new feature on the blog,  an idea given to me by a late friend. At the time I thought there wasn't much to write about but of recent Durban is getting some great places that are different from the normal, to go hangout at, have a drink with mates and enjoy great tasting food. And so the Bucket Scene was born,  I will try my best to bring you some of Durbans  hidden gems and must visit spots, so be on the lookout for more.


Haven't had much time to travel for pleasure and lesuire this year but when I have,  Togo Sun made sure I did it in style with them accomodating me in many of their awesome establishments. I look forward bringing you more of the best that they have to offer in 2015.


In terms of things in technology,  I'm glad to have picked up and made relations with Samsung and LG this year,  added to Nokia and Microsoft we will take a first hand look at their latest mobile devices. As mobile/ smartphones are becoming such an integral part of our everyday lives,  it's good to see how they all compare to one another to find out which one is best suited to the user.


And not forgetting one of the most popular features on the blog, the Bucket Babe. I've featured some of the most beautiful woman from the  land and will continue to scoure the country for the hottest ladies that are trying to break through onto the big stage. 


Thanks again for your support during 2014 as its you, my readers that make things possible for me and this blog. I wish you all a safe New Years Eve and a great 2015!







No comments:

Post a Comment