Google Tag

Thursday, March 24, 2016

Bucket Babe: Daisy May

As we descend upon the Easter festivities and be thankful for the 4 day weekend, much so we can party all night and sleep all day, we have something else to keep you occupied over the long weekend. As you know we bring you the hottest ladies that South Africa has to offer and today's featured model is so hot, her hair is actually red. Okay that was lame, our flaming red head this week is none other than Daisy May, her bubbly persona is evident in her writing and her walks in life has taught her a lot so far and she's ready to take on any challenge. Anyway, less from me and more from her! by the way, Daisy is taking part in the WorldSwimsuit Model Search competition, so lets do the right thing and vote to see her get featured in this years issue, voting links can be found below. 

Daisy May


Daisy has this life thing sewn up. The Paarl-born fashion maven grew up in Somerset West wondering: just how much can you wring from the world? So she put it to the test. 

Teaching English in Bangkok? Check. Selling real estate in London's fabled Notting Hill? Yep! Co-founding a super-successful retail food chain with her father? Sure thing! Descending on Antarctica at the helm of an icebreaker? Well, obviously. Inventing a time machine and hunting velociraptors in the Cretaceous Period? Okay maybe not that. But one day. Sigh.


Now, over 29 countries worth of travelling later, she has come back to an old flame: fashion. Daisy was exposed early to the sartorial world, having started modelling when she was young. She soon found she had as much of a flair for the goings-on behind the camera as she did for being in front of it. Realising she had a wealth of ideas that nobody else was capturing, she started putting together photo shoots and gathering the experience required to be a creative director. 


You can see where this is heading, can't you? Her travels having fully stocked her creativity silos, Daisy decided it was time to start a completely new venture that would give her the airspace to combine her writing, creativity, modelling, business acumen and love for fashion, travel and interior design - not to mention her uncanny instinct for the shifting currents of trend. And thanks to her extensive journeying, she has a comprehensive mind-library of cultural expertise to draw on throughout.


So it was that Real Life Styled was born: a platform where fashion, decor and lifestyle could come together into a glossy magazine with heart and a pulse. Relatable and aimed at everyone who wants to be the best version of themselves, Real Life Styled offers real life advice for real life people, and tips from someone who really has walked the talk. 

Bio

I'm Daisy May, a model and actress from Cape Town, South Africa. I've been in the industry since I was 16 and been lucky enough to travel the world and work with many famous faces.

I like to keep busy and motivated so I'm always busy with lots of different projects alongside my modeling and acting.  Last year I started up my blog, Real Life Styled. Its been an amazing journey and I even managed to shoot a story in Buenos Aires, Argentina. I'm a very visual person so its been great story boarding and styling my own ideas as well as using my business side to hustle and give Real Life Styled the platform it deserves.


This year has kicked off with a bang, I've been working loads and getting more and more into my acting. I love being able to play different roles and become a different character. I've started filming for a new post apocalyptic series called Spelonk, so keep an eye out for this redheaded rebel girl.

I've also entered the WorldSwimsuit Model Search which is something I wouldn't normally do. I'm not one of those people who enters beauty competitions but I've always loved the publication and I think it is an amazing opportunity so I couldn't help myself but drive in head first.

The response has been great so far and I am so humbled by every single vote by every person who has helped me along the way. I still need as many votes as I can get so I hope everyone keeps them coming. VOTE DAISY MAY, every hour, every day!





Blog: www.reallifestyled.com
Twitter: @DaisyMayDaisy
Instagram: daisymaydaisy
Facebook: RealLifeStyled
Pinterest: reallifestyled

As mentioned before, help Daisy May in the World Swimsuit Model Search competition by voting for her every hour of every day! VOTE DAISY MAY


Q&A


1. Hot girls and hot cars go hand in hand, what ride would you like to  see yourself in?
  • I love vintage cars, I'm currently driving a BMW Z3 M Series but my ultimate car right now would be an Aston Martin DB10.
2. What sandwich are you most likely to make for me? and will it be toasted or plain?
  • I love cheese so it would have to be an American styled grilled cheese toasted sandwich. If you're lucky, you'll get some crispy bacon and caramelised banana on that. 
3. Everyone loves popcorn (well I think they do) what is your topping/ sprinkle of choice?
  • I'm definitely a plain salted girl. I always end up putting too much salt on my popcorn so if we go to the cinema, you'll have to sprinkle my popcorn for me before I shrivel up in front of the big screen.
4. Dream cover shoot?
  • It would have to be the cover of WorldSwimsuit. It's always been a dream of mine to be featured in the magazine so to get the cover would be like winning the lottery.
5. If given a choice, full time model or full time executive, what would you choose?
  • Full time model, because I get to travel the world, wear the most beautiful clothing and meet such interesting people. I never wake up bored because you never know what you're going to be doing on set the next day. It really is so much fun.
6. Growing up you must have had someone you aspired to be, so who is your role model?
  • My role model has always been my dad. I've been lucky enough to grow up in a loving family where my parents are still very happily married. My dad has worked incredibly hard to give us the life we have today and I can only strive to be as good a person as he is and have the success the has. He has always done things the right way and been very successful. I hope to achieve my dreams by being a warm and caring person and helping others along the way so that at the end of the day I have a lot of good friends to celebrate my success with.
7. Anyone holding that hand yet? or is it available?
  • I have the most amazing boyfriend. I am incredibly lucky to have the very talented singer/ song writer Michael Lowman as my partner in this life. And yes, he does sing to me from time to time, hehehe.
8. Obviously being a female you would love fashion. Favourite label/ designer?
  • I am totally in love with Valentino's latest collection but my go-to-brand is the American label Free People, it's a bohemian gypsy style which is totally up my alley.
9. What type of music gets your booty shaking?
  • I like all different types of music. It depends on my mood. I'm currently listening to Halsey which is amazing, you've got to give it a listen. Also my boyfriend is finishing up his latest album so there is a lot of that playing in our house. 
10. Which city is your dream party destination?
  • I love cities so it would have to be New York or Tokyo, I'm hoping to go there again this year so who knows maybe I'll get in a sneaky party. 






No comments:

Post a Comment