Google Tag

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Ken joins the boys


As we edge ever so close to June for the first ever Clarkson, Hammond and May Live tour, another bombshell has just dropped! Ken Block, the YouTube sensation with his Gymkhana videos is set to join the 3 stoodges on stage during the event which takes placec from the 12th-14th of June later this year. 


Ken needs no introduction to South African fans as many were left with their jaws gaping after watching one or all of his seven YouTube Gymkhana videos. Ken has mastered the extreme art of burning rubber in an extravagent form known as gymkhana, which requires the driver to skillfully manoevure their cars around a series of cones, slaloms, 180 degree turns, 360 degree turns, figure 8 turns and other obstacles. Ken adds his unique creativity in each video as he uses standing and moving objects to drift around. 


Ken's prefered manufacturer is Ford as he started off with the Focus, then a Fiesta but as you have seen in his latest video, he has acquired an iconic 845bhp, all wheel drive modified 1965 'notchback' Ford Mustang Hoonicorn and he is bringing it with him for the tour, it's the first time he will be performing in a closed arena and the first time he will be performing in Africa as a whole, so be sure to see history in the making by getting your tickets now! 

                     

Heres what Ken had to say about his inclusion to this event: "I'm stoked to have been invited by Clarkson, Hammond and May to this massie motoring event. I've had the pleasure of working with these guys before and it's always been a lot of fun, I think bringing what I do to an arena format is going to be awesome, and I can't wait to meet the fans in South Africa. It'll be my first tie visiting the country and I've heard they're passionate about all things automotive, so I think they're going to enjoy what I'm goignt to be doing with my Hoonicorn from Gymkhana 7"


I'm not sure about you but I'm pretty amped to see this guy live! For more information on Clarkson, Hammond and May Live, visit the website, Facebook page or follow them on twitter @clarkhammaysa

No comments:

Post a Comment