Google Tag

Friday, June 26, 2015

Bucket Babe: Vivienne Waibel


We're halfway through the year already and deep in the clutches of winter, as the country prepares for another cold spell to hit our shores we've been working endlessly to scour the land for the hottest ladies to feature and to warm us up. Today's featured beauty is from the Cape but has German heritage. She is extremely qualified and from that is very passionate about education to our countries less fortunate. She has a soft spot for animals of all kinds and shapes, and currently obsessed about Nutella. She sounds like our kind of girl, here's more about her.

Vivienne Waibel


Bio
I am originally from Germany but my mother side of the family is South African. I went to school in Joburg and after that completed my Honours in Developmental Studies at UCT. Currently, I am doing my Masters in Health Economics. If I had to choose between a baby and a puppy, I would choose a puppy. I love animals and I have a horse back home in Germany but really I love any kind of animal, ranging from horses to snakes, to snails... lol. I am also modelling and have just come back from an overseas trip to India. Modelling overseas is such an adventure! I would recommend ti to anyone that has got the opportunity to go. I was lucky to have an amazing agency in India, "TOABH" which made the culture shock a very pleasant experience. In Cape Town my agency is Faith Models and they are amazing, I love each and every single one  of my bookers. I am not very domesticated at all and urgently need to learn how to cook, I most survive of Pasta, Nutella pancakes and fruit, hence I certainly don't believe in low carb myths. To compensate for the carb overload, you can find me at the Yoga Life in De Waterkant where I try to hang out most days of the week. During my time at UCT I also actively participated in the SHAWCO outreach programme, where I taught High School children. I firmly believe in Mandela's quote: "Education is the most powerful weapon you can use to change the world"! And I wish our government would do more to give every child the opportunity to receive the best education possible.

During my teaching experience, I found that while so much emphasis is being placed on Maths and Science skills, a lot of the students actually struggled with a language barrier, coming from a Xhosa, Zulu, or other African language background. As a result, a lot of them struggle to understand complex concepts in Maths and Science when they are being taught to them in English. Thus, one of my personal goals would be to find an outreach program that teaches kids Maths and Science skills in their mother tongue.
 Links
Instagram: @viviennewaibel



Q&A


1. Hot girls and hot cars go hand in hand, what ride would you like to see yourself in?
  • Anything that is not on the top 10 most hijacked car list. However, if I really had to choose, I would go for the Aston Martin DB9, I find the design beautiful!
2. What sandwich are you most likely to make for me? and will it be toasted or plain?
  • My latest obsession is Nutella, so I will make you Nutella and Banana toast.
3. Everyone loves popcorn (well I think they do) what is your topping/ sprinkle of choice?
  • Butter and salt is over-rated! I would definitely go for M&M's. In Germany frosted popcorn is quite big, I'm not sure why it's not available here (hint hint ster kinekor and nu metro)
4. Dream cover shoot?
  • That's quite a tough question, there are a whole lot of magazines I would like to be on, from Vogue to Harpers Bazar, but let's keep it local, Cosmopolitan SA.

5. If given a choice, full time model or full time executive, what would you choose?
  • I'm going to say a mixture of both. Both have their ups and downs
6. Growing up you must have had someone you aspired to be, so who is your role model?
  • My mom. She has inspired me from day one and I can be a fraction of the person she is I would have succeeded in life.
7. Anyone holding that hand yet? or is it available?
  • I'm engaged! So excited for the wedding =D
8. Obviously being a female you would love fashion. Favourite label/ designer?
  • My closet consists of Zara & Topshop. But my favourite local designer is probably Gavin Rajah.
9. What type of music gets your booty shaking?
  • Robin Schulz, "Shake it off!" (Taylor Swift) haha!
10. Which city is your dream party destination?
  • Of late I've been having the best nights in London ("Cirque le Soir" in Soho) and Goa (India) made for a few memorable nights too, but my dream destination for partying will have to be New York. It has both the chic and urban kind of nightlife, so it will allow for a nice change up every now and then.









No comments:

Post a Comment