Google Tag

Monday, March 27, 2023

Monday Choon: Jason Ross - A Place They Called Home


There's certain songs that just catch you from the first time you hear it, 90% of the time its from a major event and its labelled as an "ID" so you have wait patiently until someone puts their hand up and takes responsibility for this masterpiece. That is exactly what happened with today's track, I first heard it played by Above & Beyond at their ABGT500 celebrations in LA last year, it's a song with a melody that hit my heart, the light but ever so symphonic vocals made it even more harder to resist. It was by none other than American DJ Jason Ross, his CV speaks for itself, the albums he has released and artists he has worked with, and not to mention all the touring he does, its amazing he can still produce bangers like this with such a busy schedule. Speaking about this track, Jason had this to say, "‘A Place They Called Home’, is a tribute to my mom's side of my family, who left their home country, Iran, over 40 years ago. Growing up as a child, I was exposed to their beautiful culture and music; this is one of the reasons behind why I naturally gravitated to more emotionally driven music like trance and progressive. It was so nice to go back to my roots with this song. It’s a more modern approach to my earlier tracks like ‘Atlas’ and ‘Cairo’ while still maintaining that emotional identity."

No comments:

Post a Comment