Google Tag

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Bucket Babe: Lauren Wallet

Greetings and welcome to yet another one of our favourite monthly features, the Bucket Babe. We've always maintained that the reason for the segment is to showcase the great, beautiful woman that this wonderful country of ours has to offer and today's featured model just proves that. I don't often get to meet most of the girls I feature as they're normally interactions over the web but with this one, I have. It was many a year ago and I remember the night clearly, not sure how because many shots of tequila was had but it was in a club in Durban's Morningside district, she stood out from the crowd, in her little black number with a smile on her face that could stop traffic. Since then she has been doing some great work in the online realm's and even was a finalist in the 2012 Top Billing presenter search. I have persisted her for years to allow me to feature her but it seems she was waiting for the right time and that is now! 

Lauren Wallet


Bio
Laurens first magazine cover was when she was 6 months old - posing with her model mother for 'Living and Loving Magazine'. She modeled throughout childhood and won the first FHM Student of the year, featuring in the magazines for many years after, making the 100 sexiest list for 3 years and voted one of S.A's 50 hottest dates. Lauren quit modeling to focus on starting and selling various businesses.
Currently she runs a marketing company, Malva (www.ilovemalva.com) which specializes in social media. She has written a book "About you, Human doing" in an effort to encourage fellow entrepreneurs to strive, to thrive in life and business (available in April). Her business blog is www.malvablog.com

jj

She details her travel and lifestyle adventures in her personal blog: www.lovelaurenblog.com

In these swimwear shoots, Lauren is wearing Blu Blue Swimwear (www.blublueswimwear.com) by local Durban designer Hayley Firth. Blu Blue is also a Malva client and Lauren built the website.

 Her hobbies include watching theatre, socializing with friends, fine dining, travel, pampering spa sessions and learning new things. After living in Durban and Joburg, she proud to call Cape Town her home!

Links

Twitter: @laurenwallett
Instagram: laurenwallett


Q&A

1. Hot girls and hot cars go hand in hand, what ride would you like to see yourself in?
  • I'm not really a car person, I love my black Rav4 that I drive (tinted windows and automatic-which is a must!) but one day I see myself in a black Jag.
2. What sandwich are you most likely to make for me? and will it be toasted or plain?
  • Toasted double cheese. Delish!
3. Everyone loves popcorn (well I think they do) what is your topping/ sprinkle of choice?
  • Not mad for popcorn, but like the - is it chives? topping at the movies. More a chocolate, cupcake kinda person.
4. Dream cover shoot?
  • So far it was for my book and getting the cover shot (by the talented Fiona Clair Photography). A dream shoot would be one that I had to travel to an island paradise for!
5. What type of music gets your booty shaking?
  • Old skool deep house (like Tilt back in the day) and show tunes on full blast! Obsessed with songs from Wicked the musical. 
6. If given a choice, full time model or full time singer, what would you choose?
  • Full time executive of course!
7. Anyone holding that hand yet? or is it available?
  • No one is holding my hand.
8. Growing up you must have had someone you aspired to be, so who is your role model?
  • I've only ever aspired to become the best version of myself, I'm a work in progress and always striving to improve through learning more about myself and other people.
9. Obviously being a female you would love fashion. Favourite label/ designer?
  • Blu Blu Swimwear! And in Durban, Bianca Warren!
10. Which city is your dream party destination?

1 comment: